- Place your toothbrush bristles at a 45 degree angle to the gumline.
- Use just enough pressure to feel bristles against your gums and between teeth. (Don’t squish the bristles.)
- Brush all inner and outer tooth surfaces several times, using short, circular strokes and a scrubbing motion. Be sure to brush along the gumline as well.
- Brush chewing surfaces straight on. Clean the inside surfaces of front teeth by tilting the brush vertically and making up-and-down strokes with the front of the brush.
- Your toothbrush can only clean one or two teeth at a time. Move your brush frequently to reach every tooth and make sure you brush for two minutes.
- Watch yourself in the mirror to make sure no tooth is left behind.
- After brushing teeth, remember to brush your tongue. Oral bacteria can remain in taste buds.
Leave a comment
You must be Logged in to post a comment.